Due to RM Solar’s vast experience in hot water storage, we are able to offer a full range of dedicated solar storage units which have been specifically designed for use in conjunction with RM Solar panels.
The type and size of cylinder in a solar system is very important. Firstly you must decide on whether you want a traditional Vented copper cylinder with a header tank or an unvented mainspressure unit. We offer all these options and will help you size the correct unit for the number of panels you require and the size of the property you own.
Solar Vented Copper Cylinders
These units are specifically designed to get the most from your solar panel while still complying with all regulations. These units come with two coils and extra insulation to make them even more efficient. They are made from grade 3 material and have a working head of 10 metres.
Solar Unvented Stainless Steel Cylinders
These units allow you to connect the cylinder directly to the mains via the safety valves provided. This allows you to have power showers without the need for noisy shower pumps and means no cold water cistern tanks are required in the loft. The cylinders are manufactured from Duplex Stainless Steel and carry a 25 year guarantee on the vessel and 2 years on the components.
Made To Measure Stainless
RM Cylinders have pushed the boundries even further leaving the competition to catch up once again. Using a state of the art production facility RM Cylinders can produce bespoke Stelflow cylinders, tapping sizes and heights can now be changed to suit your application giving you flexability without compromise.
When altering inlet and outlet connections we can even provide corresponding control kits meaning you still end up with a complete packaged solution, leaving nothing to chance
Stelflow offers the following advantages
• Specially made units manufactured to your own design.
• Full range of slim units available, 60L to 210L, featuring a
diameter of only 475mm one of the slimmest on the market.
• A range of horizontal cased units.
• Coil in coil heat exchanger, giving high recovery rates.
• External expansion for reliability and flexible siting.
• Full KIWA product approval.
• Vessel constructed from Duplex Stainless Steel.
• Superior insulation values, with an ODP of 0 and GWP of 1.
• Comprehensive controls and fixing kit from leading
Stelflow offers many technical benefits
• Minimum recommended working pressure 1 bar & maximum
• All cylinder connections are 22mm compression.
• Minimum water supply 1.5 Bar, 20 Litres/Min.
• Primary coil circuit must be fully pumped, gravity coils are
available by special order
• All units available as vented cylinders.
• Control settings:
1. Pressure reducing valve set at 3 Bar.
2. Expansion relief valve set at 6 bar.
3. Temperature and pressure relief valve at 7 bar and 90oC.
4. High Limit stat set at 85oC