Terms and Conditions
We have added this section in response to the Distance Selling Regulations changes that have happened recently. The regulations cover distance contracts for goods and services made between suppliers and consumers. Advice for consumers can be found at Consumer Direct.Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In order to ensure that you are eligible to enter into an agreement with us, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old or over.
You must register by providing:
- your real name
- your telephone number
- your registered cardholder address (if you are using a credit or debit card)
- your delivery address in the United Kingdom. This cannot be a PO Box, hotel or other temporary accommodation address.
A binding contract is formed between you and www.tradeplumbing.co.uk when you receive confirmation from us by e-mail, fax or other agreed means, letting you know that your order has been accepted.
By ticking the 'terms and conditions' box on the order completion pages, you acknowledge that these terms have been provided to you prior to completion of your order and that you accept them in full. This complies with the “Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 – Goods”. If you do not accept these conditions, do not complete your order or enter your credit card details.Our Business Information
Our Business Name is Clayton Horsnell Ltd.
We are a UK business retailing as www.tradeplumbing.co.uk, using the website addresses:
Clayton Horsnell Ltd
Unit 6 Corporation Yard
2A Harwich Road
Phone: 0844 504 4499
Fax: 0844 504 4498
Company No: 5113922
VAT REG NO: 839 6254 91
Calls to 0844 numbers cost 5p per minute from a BT landline. Other carriers and mobile network prices vary. We do this to keep the cost of our products to a minimum – provision of a telephone helpline can be costly and is not fair to ask all customers to support the provision of this service if they do not use it. If you do not wish to contact us by telephone, please do contact us for free by e-mail.Payment Terms
We accept payment by Credit or Debit Card, Cheque, Bank Credit Transfer and Paypal. The following cards are acceptable:
- Visa Electron/Delta
- Diners Club
- Credit Pay 4 Later
No credit accounts are available.
Products ordered must be paid for in advance of ordering. This means that if you pay by cheque, then we must pay it into our bank and the amount must clear prior to the order of goods. If you require a pro-forma invoice in order to raise a cheque for the goods, please contact us as we would be pleased to arrange this for you.
Terms of Business Letter – Credit Broker
This Terms of Business Letter sets out the terms and conditions under which we conduct our business
Regulation We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number is FRN 791963. We are permitted to act as a [Credit Broker].
You may check this information on the FCA’s Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0845 606 1234.
Our Services We offer our services to you which include:
We are not linked to any of our lending panel members.
We recognise it is important for customers to be able to shop around for credit and alternative sources of credit.
Some of the services that we provide are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You will be advised in advance of any such proposal or service.
Quotations We will quote figures based on our funders cost of funds. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes on receipt of the full proposal.
Our Remuneration Our remuneration is an introductory payment payable by the funder. We do not take credit for payments due until the funding has been paid out. You are entitled, at any time, to request information regarding any payment which we may have received as a result of placing your finance with a funder.
Conflicts of Interest If through exceptional circumstances Clayton Horsnell Ltd or any of its Directors or other customers has a material interest in business you ask to be transacted for you, we will make you aware of the conflict of interest and we will obtain your consent before your instructions are carried out. A copy of our Conflicts of Interest Policy is available on request.
Treating you Fairly We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
Complaints If you wish to register a complaint please contact Chris Cook, Business Development Manager in writing at Clayton Horsnell Ltd, Unit 6 Corporation Yard, 2A Harwich Road ,Colchester, Essex, CO4 3BN or by telephone on 0844 504 4499. Our internal complaints procedure is available on request.
You may be entitled to refer a complaint against us to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our response. The contact details are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Website – http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Tel: 0800 023 4 567
Your Responsibilities In order for us to fulfil our responsibilities to you, you must:
Data Protection and Confidentiality We are registered under the Data Protection Regulations and abide by the requirements of the Regulations. The information we receive from you is used to provide quotations and arrange finance with a funder. You have the right to cancel your authority to use such information. Before or after you enter into any agreement with a funder, to help make credit decisions, the funder will make a credit search with a credit reference agency. If you are a company or partnership they will also make enquiries about the principle director(s) or partner(s) with a credit reference agency. Full details of the use and disclosure of your information by the funder is contained within the terms and conditions of any agreement which you should read before signing.
All customers’ records are treated as private and confidential and Clayton Horsnell Ltd therefore reserves the right to give you copies of your particular records rather than allow access to files containing records concerning other clients. If you want sight of your records please send a request to Chris Cook, Business Development Manager, Clayton Horsnell Ltd, Unit 6 Corporation Yard, 2A Harwich Road ,Colchester, Essex, CO4 3BN
We are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
[Clayton Horsnell Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority]Credit Card Processing
We encourage all our customers to place their orders online and pay using our secure payment provider. All card transactions are made using SagePay. This means that your credit card details are safe and secure and are not handled by a person.
In the event that you are not able to complete the payment process online, we are able to process orders by telephone. We take every effort to ensure that this method is as secure and safe as possible.Description of Goods or Services
The goods are described on the individual product pages. From time to time, manufacturers alter their designs slightly. Although we take every care to ensure that the product image displayed on the website is correct, there may be slight variations to the end product compared to the site image.
Wherever available to us, we provide technical documentation and fitting instructions on the individual product pages. If there is insufficient information for your buying decision, please do contact our sales team, who will be happy to make further enquiries with the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer guarantees are offered for the quality of manufacture and the materials used to manufacture the goods.
The guarantee only covers use for which the product was designed. All guarantees are the responsibility of the manufacturer, except where products are guaranteed directly by Clayton Horsnell Ltd. All our items are designed for UK installation only. If you choose to install your goods outside of the UK, you do this at your own risk. Manufacturer guarantees will not apply in this case.Prices and Tax
The individual product page on our website lists the price of the product including VAT.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure our prices are correct, there may be occasions when we discover that a product from over 8000 currently listed has been mis-priced. In such instances, we will remove the product from sale and edit it. In such circumstances, we would not be able to honour the incorrect price. We reserve the right to change any advertised price at any time. This is because the price of materials, such as base metals, and the cost of production and carriage, and therefore our purchase costs change regularly. We amend our prices as soon as possible after being advised by manufacturers of the changes.Out of Stock items
In the event that the product you requested is out of stock, we will contact you by e-mail to offer you an alternative product. It is your decision whether to accept this alternative, or cancel your order. Until we receive written (e-mail) confirmation of your decision, your order will be held over.Preparation for Delivery, Shipping Charges and Delivery Dates.
All our goods are specially prepared for delivery. For larger items, this means that we construct a supported pallet to ensure a safe delivery. On smaller items, care is taken to ensure that the finished product is securely wrapped for courier delivery or Royal Mail shipping.
- Shipping is a 'one-shot' contract provided by third parties on our behalf.
- You may complete the order using the 'collection/non-delivery' option and arrange your own shipping of the goods - however we would advise you that in the event of damage during transit, you would need to claim from your own courier, which, from our previous experience can be a lengthy process. You would then need to arrange a replacement product to be re-shipped to you at your own expense. It is for this reason that we recommend you use our shipping contract.
- Any shipping charges to return goods to ourselves (excluding for damaged or faulty goods) will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Some goods need to be ordered in from manufacturers. This includes, but is not limited to, larger items, such as some baths, bathroom suites and shower enclosures. Where goods need to be ordered in, we will inform you and advise a prospective shipping date.
- Palleted goods can take up to 4 working days to be delivered, once the goods have been received by our warehouse. When your goods arrive at your local pallet depot, you will receive a call to confirm a convenient time for your delivery. This means that you do not have to wait in until your goods arrive.
- Courier goods usually take 1 working day to be delivered, with the exception of certain areas of the UK such as the 'highlands and islands' of Scotland and other, difficult-to-reach locations. If you are not in when a delivery is attempted, an 'attempted delivery card' will be left at your home with a contact number for your local courier depot. Please contact them to arrange a suitable re-delivery date.
- Smaller goods are shipped by Royal Mail's first class post.
- Where goods have to be ordered in from our suppliers, the turnaround time may be up to four weeks. Most products will not take this long, however certain items, such as some baths and shower enclosures have to be made to order and therefore take more time to be delivered to our warehouse.
- No guarantees are offered for delivery timescales (this would significantly increase the shipping prices). We therefore respectfully ask that you do not arrange for a plumber or other tradesperson to fit your goods until you have received and checked your order. We cannot be held responsible for wasted tradesperson visits and charges incurred as a result.
- If, for any reason, your goods will take longer than 30 days to be delivered to you, we will notify you by e-mail. In the rare event of delayed delivery (in excess of 30 days) you have the choice to either wait for the goods to be delivered, or request a complete refund. Requests for refunds must be made in writing by e-mail, fax or letter.
The distance selling regulations are confusing, but we have taken the time and trouble to investigate this in full.
- You are within your right to cancel an order placed with us, up to 7 days from the date your order is delivered.
- If you wish to return goods to us, please inform us by e-mail. You have up to 7 working days starting the day after delivery to notify us of your intent to cancel your order.
- If you do return goods to us, then you have a duty of care over the goods and must ensure that they are returned in the same condition that you received them in. This includes the boxes, guarantees, instructions and packaging.
- Any shipping charges to return goods to ourselves (excluding for damaged or faulty goods) will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
- It is part of this contract that you suitably package the goods and arrange a safe return carriage to us at your own expense.
A 'returned goods' form is available from our sales team, who will be happy to send the document to you for completion. This helps us to handle the return in our warehouse efficiently and ensure that you are correctly reimbursed.
- In the event that your goods are damaged on a return journey arranged by you, you will not receive a refund and must make a claim against the carrying company. It is therefore in your interests to take a photo of your goods prior to shipping and ensure your product has the relevant carriage insurance to cover the cost of replacement.
- If we have to order your goods in to our warehouse (i.e. we do not stock it), there is usually a re-stocking charge of 30% incurred by the supplier, for which you may be liable for in the event of your returning goods. By agreeing to these terms and conditions and proceeding with an order, you accept that if you subsequently decide you do not wish to keep the product, you will receive a refund less the re-stocking charge.
- If you order an item that has to be personalized, altered, or otherwise changed, this is regarded as a 'special' and normal distance selling regulations regarding refunds do not apply. No refunds can be offered for one-off items.
- We cannot supply or provide compensation towards the re-fitting of an item in the event that said item either needs to be returned or for which a replacement has already been issued.
- We cannot supply or provide compensation towards the hiring or supplying of a plumber to re-fit an item in the event that said item either needs to be returned or for which a replacement has already been issued.
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR COURIER DELIVERIES
Checking the Delivery
When your order arrives, you will be asked to sign to say that you have received the goods and that they are in good condition. Please check the external packaging for any damage.Damage to the Delivery
If you find any damage, you have the choice of signing for the delivery as DAMAGED or rejecting the delivery entirely. Please note if you sign for the delivery as damaged, the courier will leave the damaged goods with you; they will only take away full deliveries that have been entirely rejected.
You have up to 3 days to inform us that the delivery arrived damaged. We will arrange for a replacement item to be delivered to you as soon as possible, at which time the damaged item will be collected and taken away by the driver.SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR PALLET DELIVERIES Arranging the Delivery
Before a pallet delivery is attempted you will get a phone call from the courier company to arrange a convenient day and time bracket for you to receive your pallet.Checking the Delivery
When your order arrives, you will be asked to sign to say that you have received the goods and that they are in good condition.
Your pallet delivery driver will wait up to 20 minutes while you check the condition of your goods. Please check both the external packaging and the product inside for any damage.
If you know you will be accepting a heavy delivery, please ensure that you have arranged for enough people to carry your goods into your home. The drivers are only insured to deliver goods to the kerb and are not required to carry goods into your home.Damage to the Delivery
If you find any damage, please sign the pallet as 'DAMAGED' and the driver will take the damaged pallet away.
If you are having multiple items delivered and only some are damaged, please sign 'DAMAGED' for the goods that are damaged. You have the choice of accepting the undamaged goods or rejecting the entire delivery.Important Note
Please note that arranging a date and time for a pallet delivery constitutes a contract between yourself and the delivery firm that you will be there and ready to accept the pallet at the time you specify.
If you are not available to receive the delivery, the pallet will be returned to your local courier's depot and you will be charged a full pallet delivery fee again for any subsequent redelivery attempts.CLAIMS Claims for Damaged Goods
No claims for damages will be accepted where there is a clean signature for delivery. Only claims where the goods were signed for as 'DAMAGED' can be entertained.If Someone Else will be Signing for your Goods
If someone else is signing for the goods on your behalf, you agree to ensure that your nominated signatory checks the goods prior to acceptance.
You agree to accept full responsibility for any loss or damage if the nominated signatory signs on your behalf and fails to check the delivery.
You agree to indemnify us in full for any losses we suffer as a result of your accepting goods and signing a delivery note without checking the goods for carrier damage.
All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.Finally
Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business. If you have any questions, please do contact us and let us know how we can help you.