If you are looking to replace your shower or buy a new one instead, make sure you also install a shower tray that is waterproof and provides appropriate closure. Also known as a shower base, a shower tray prevents water from leaking on to the floor of the bathroom. This is an absolute necessity for showers without a bathtub.
Choosing an ideal shower tray base can be cumbersome. However, if you follow the following three steps, the process can be made simpler and easy.
1. Measure the space where you need to place the shower tray. The size of the shower tray you need to buy depends on the size of your bathroom and the space available to place it. Shower tray of all sizes, such as 900 shower tray and shower tray 800, and shapes are available and you’d be able to find one that suits your needs perfectly. For smaller spaces, a square shower tray will suit the purpose, whereas a low level shower tray is apt for both small and big bathroom spaces.
2. The location of the shower tray is the next deciding factor. If you plan to place one in the corner of the room, you’d find many shapes to select from, such as square shower trays or a shower tray quadrant in shape. For big and spacious bathrooms, you can set the shower tray against a wall to make it the central point. A rectangular shower tray will best solve this purpose.
3. After deciding the size and location, the third and final deciding factor is the look and feel of the shower tray. You can go for a traditional or a more contemporary look by selecting the material and style of the shower tray of your choice.
Types of Shower Trays
There are basically two types of shower tray available, which are:1. Stone Resin Shower Tray – Commonly found in most homes, these are strong and very durable. Though bulky and heavy, they are available in a variety of colours and are easy to clean and maintain.
2. Acrylic Shower Tray – Ideal for floor boards, boats and caravans; these are light in weight and easy to install too.
3. Steel Enamel Shower Tray – These are resistant to abrasion, heat, stain and impact.
When selecting a shower tray, go for one that not only fits in your requirements but also enhances the look of your bathroom. This will further elevate the appeal and value of your home.
Trade Plumbing Shower Tray Range
Its important to achieve a balance in functionality, performance, style and value from a shower tray. At Trade Plumbing we first of all consider wellbeing very important and all of the products we stock are constructed from materials that guarantee to maximise safety in the shower.Our range of shower trays features a host of models and designs from the bathroom market's leading manufacturers. We stock high grade acrylic and stone resin models in a variety of different colours, shapes and sizes designed to be easily installed in many different types of bathroom. We often encourage customers to make clear measurements in order to ensure that they purchase the product that exactly suits their needs. Whether you prefer a unit that is freestanding, corner mounted or flat against a wall, our staff will be happy advise you of the best way to make use of space and choose a suitable shower enclosure.